|
Author Topic:   WAV to MOD utillity?
BeholdThePowerOfCheese
posted August 06, 2000 09:28 AM         
does anyone know of a good wav to mod conversion utillity? i want to use some of my mp3s while playing dx-ball without degrading performance.

IP:

AlbiWan
posted August 09, 2000 11:57 AM            
I'm gonna look into this for you. Sounds like an interesting project.

Imagination is more important than knowledge - Albert Eienstein

IP:

LDA AL
unregistered
posted August 12, 2000 06:35 PM           
MODS function in a way that converting them is not really possible. MODS trigger individual wave files (like for example a bass drum) over and over again. Consider that a song might have to trigger 24 or more small individual wav files at the same time in various permutations and you get the idea. A work around would be to take a wav file of a song, load it into modplugtracker as a sample, then place that sample in the Patterns grid in channel 0ne at "0" . Make that pattern as big as possible, then create another pattern after it but leave it blank. repeat the second blank pattern as many times as is necessary for the wav file to finish. You see, when a new pattern starts as long as track 1 is empty the previous sample will continue playing. If the song cuts out before finishing add more blank patterns until it plays in it's entirety.
Save the whole thing as an .xm file and load it into In Game Mods.
I've never tried this but in theory it should work, except that it will be a much bigger Mod file than any of the default mods, and that might interfere with game play.
Another option is to stick a CD in your boom box and shut off the in game music.(F5)

IP:

Dudymas
posted August 13, 2000 12:07 AM            
or play winamp in the background, doesn't slow Tread Marks, shouldn't slow DX-Ball.. .

IP:

BeholdThePowerOfCheese
posted August 13, 2000 08:24 AM         
ok, thanks guys. it must have been sonique that was slowing it down, ill try winamp.

IP:

AJMMII
posted September 30, 2000 10:16 PM         
as LDA AL stated, it is possible.
of course, you could also download Modplug.
it can do it for you easily, its at www.modplug.com

IP: