|
Author Topic:   PC Locks Up on "Meadows and Mountains" Board
Don Harmon
posted June 11, 2000 07:45 PM            
Dear Longbow or Fellow Fans,

I find that the board "Meadows and Mountains" of the new #3 assortment locks up my PC when I try to select it. The lockup is of the profound type, requiring use of the PC's "reset" button as ctrl-alt-del does not work.

I installed the #3 assortment on another PC with the same results. One of these PCs is a 233 mHz Pentium II with 64 mb and the other a 500 mHz Pentium III with 128 mb. Both have modern 3D accelerator video cards (one Matrox, one ATI) with the latest drivers.

Anyone have a clue on how to fix this?

Thanks.

------------------
Don

IP:

alicat
posted June 14, 2000 11:02 PM            
I would confirm that the same thing has been happening with me with that board set. I was able to get it working one time by starting the game in window mode, then maximizing the window, but i am unable to repeat (or remember) the proccess i used to get it working since then.

allen

IP:

LDA
Administrator
posted June 15, 2000 10:25 AM            
We've found the problem....

The background image file in Meadows and Mountains was causing the problem....

We've replaced it and everything works fine now.

You can access your order at www.digitalriver.com/cs and re-download the board-pack if the existing one is causing problems.

It should be live for download later today.

I'll post a message as soon as Digital River has the board-pack ready.

In the meantime, before starting the Meadows and Mountains set, toggle to a black background using the F1 key.

Jim

IP:

LDA
Administrator
posted June 16, 2000 01:40 AM            
The repaired board-pack #3 is now live at Digital River.

If you access your order, you can re-download it and copy over the current file.

Jim

IP: