|
Author Topic:   Competition???
EllieG
posted May 29, 2000 12:56 PM            
I love this game!!! One question as a beginner. Is there any way possible to play against other people on the web. I do not believe the zone provides that luxury. To have tournaments and individual high score standings, against one another would be Cool!

IP:

bobbers
posted May 31, 2000 11:34 PM         
no on line yet that i've seen.

IP:

LDA
Administrator
posted May 31, 2000 11:40 PM            
A "take-turns" style of multiplayer over the net might be a workable idea.

Jim

IP:

Croftanator
posted June 03, 2000 07:22 PM            
It might be workable, but if you got somebody who spends half an hour without losing a life, it could be kinda boring (and expensive) for the other guy. It would be best if you took turns after you completed each level.

------------------
Visit the MatterBlaster Web-Site at: zap.to/MB
Try it, you just might like it.

IP:

alicat
posted June 17, 2000 03:26 AM            
I'm wondering about the feasability of 2 people playing against each other (over the web) using common boards. Perhaps there could be 2 balls in play (of different colours), each ball associated with one of the players (whose paddles would match the ball colour). Each player could score points independently of each other, (including the accumalation of the reward icons which appear from time to time). I guess its a matter of user interest, resource availablity (people to work on the project), and technical feasability. .

An upgrade of this type would be worth purchasing as a separate application.

allen

IP:

The_Big_Bug
posted July 04, 2000 07:12 AM            
Cooperation multiplayer:

I saw that on another break out game. Two pads on each side of the screen trying to brake through. One ball, both have the responsibility to NOT lose it. They would bounce the ball between them. It would be cool on DXBall2.

"Hey, that's mine powerup!!!!"

------------------
The_Big_Bug
-----------
guB_giB_ehT

IP:

WhipLash
posted July 19, 2000 09:08 PM            
You could put two screens side by side for multiplayer, and the first person to finish the board wins.

IP:

PhoenixBurner
posted August 09, 2000 11:22 AM         
I Agree with whiplash...thats actually what i wuz thinkin when i was reading these post-ups...about thebigbugs idea...where would the ball start? which way would the powerups go? sounds kinda iffy but maybe workable...

-Phoenix

IP:

Bramdeman
posted August 23, 2000 02:59 PM            
Oh, oh Y'all making it way to difficult. Why not create some sort of high score merge utility, thus enabeling players to merge their scores. Everyone can play at home and when finished, distribute a (merged) highscore file.

[problem is, this has to be started by LDA since they only know the way the CRC is inserted into the highscore file]

IP:

Karel Vanackere
unregistered
posted August 24, 2000 05:04 AM           

[This message has been edited by Karel Vanackere (edited September 16, 2000).]

IP:

LDA
Administrator
posted August 24, 2000 12:11 PM            
If you take into consideration the final months of Seumas' illness, followed by the recovery period following his death, you'd have to drop 6 months out of that time frame.

Apart from a few more changes which we hope to finalize over the next few weeks, we are now reorganized and back on track.

Yes, although Tread Marks is the priority at the moment, future developments along the DX-Ball 2 line are also being worked on.

I'm not prepared to reveal much at this point, but I'm sure that those of you who are looking for more competition will be pleased....

Jim

IP: