|
Author Topic:   problem
mickey
posted March 28, 2000 10:47 AM         
I love the dxball games (have old version 1and current dxball 2). I am having the same problem with both versions. Sometimes after starting the game my mouse pointer turns into an hour-glass (or just stays a pointer) that doesn't go away during game play and is REALLY annoying. Occassionally, while still in the title screen, if I click my left mouse button a couple times the hour-glass won't show up. The game works fine when this happens, it's just that there's an hour-glass or curser hanging on the board.I am by no means computer literate so any simple suggestions any of you can give me would be greatly appreciated. This is such a cool game and I really love playing it but that hour-glass has got to go! Thanks for any help or suggestions.
Mickey

[This message has been edited by mickey (edited March 28, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by mickey (edited March 28, 2000).]

IP:

Jan3b
posted May 02, 2000 08:30 PM         
Mickey, I am not very computer literate either, so take that into account in what I am about to say. The hourglass cursor usually means a program is busy doing something. I have two suggestions. First -- this has come to be one of the first things I do when software problems raise their ugly little heads -- reinstall the games. It doesn't take long and it often makes all your problems go away. In fact, if you want to go the distance, download them again in case your program files got corrupted during the first download. It happens. Second, before you begin to play DXBall, close ALL background applications -- your virus checker, for example. Usually the programs that might be running in the background have icons in your system tray in the lower right corner of the screen. Usually you can click on the icon and are offered an option of shutting it down. MS Task Scheduler can only be paused, but hey, pause it! That's all the words of wisdom I can offer. Hope they help.

IP:

mickey
posted May 03, 2000 02:46 PM         
Jan3b....don't worry, you made perfect sense to me! Thank you ever so much for the help! You are probably right. I will go and download both versions again and then take care of the programs running on my task bar. I have had my Norton AntiVirus interfere more than once with different functions I've tried to complete (installing new programs, etc) so that may be the culprit. Again, thanx for taking time out to help!

IP: