|
Author Topic:   Possible bugs?
Vin Lucentai
posted February 06, 2000 08:30 PM         
While going through DX-Ball for a short while, I noticed a few oddities:

- When you get the slow-down powerup (it is the blue block with a small ball), your fire powerup / pass-through powerup is cancelled out. Is this supposed to happen?

- If you hit the P key, move your mouse cursor to the opposite side of the window, and hit P again, your paddle quickly shifts to the location that your mouse pointer is at. If the ball happens to be moving downard on the other side of the newly moved paddle, you're pretty much guaranteed to lose a life. Any remedy for this?

Example:
Before hitting P, the ball is going downward like this -
|--------------|
|--------------|
|ball----------|
|paddle--------|

Now, if you go over and hit the P key, move your pointer to the opposite side of the window, and hit P again -

|--------------|
|--------------|
|--------------|
|ball----paddle|

The "benefits" of ASCII art.
Both of these quirks are not very significant at all ... yet it would be nice if they would be addressed.

[This message has been edited by Vin Lucentai (edited February 06, 2000).]

IP:

Karel Vanackere
unregistered
posted February 07, 2000 06:06 AM           

[This message has been edited by Karel Vanackere (edited September 16, 2000).]

IP:

Vin Lucentai
posted February 10, 2000 04:21 AM         
Umm .... I've done this a few times on various user-created boards as well as the demo ones by LDA ...
On my Windows 95-based machine, the game seems to silently crash and bring me back to the desktop if I enter no name at all at the "high scores" screen (aka - just hitting Enter). The score itself will still register onto the correct scoreboard, so it actually doesn't matter too much. Does this apply to anyone else?

IP:

Karel Vanackere
unregistered
posted February 10, 2000 05:05 AM           

[This message has been edited by Karel Vanackere (edited September 16, 2000).]

IP:

manniac
posted February 11, 2000 12:26 PM            
One who believes in Elementalism?

IP:

Vin Lucentai
posted February 11, 2000 09:15 PM         
Ha ha, very funny.
An elementalist is a coined profession -- it's not my actual job, in other words.
If you check my site (http://members.xoom.com/lucentai/), you'll see something along the lines of the story that I'm writing. That's where you can find some tidbits about it.

IP: