|
Author Topic:   More newby questions
GrandPa
posted January 20, 2000 06:00 PM         
Is there a location where all the characteristics of the items dropping are explained?
For example, the Expanded Exploding seems to convert different numbers of bricks at different times. Is there a pattern to this?
What about the yellow bricks. Is there a specific number of times that they must be hit before they convert to bricks that can be destroyed? Is hitting them with the lazer gun the same as hitting them with a ball?
Are there extra lives at some point based on the score? That is, if you reach 75,000 (which I haven't) or some other number, do you get extra lives?
Thanks!

IP:

Laddy
posted January 21, 2000 08:53 PM            
The answer to your questions is just playing and making note of what happens. Which is pretty routine. For instance, the expand exploding just adds another laying of exploding blocks. Also, there is no extra lives for a high score. Hope this helps.

IP:

Dark Ruler
posted January 22, 2000 05:54 PM            
Well here is some general information about the game:

1. In the begining screen before you choose your level it explains what each block that falls does to your paddle or the ball.

2. The expanded exploding just takes all the spaces (if there is a block there or not) and turns it into an explosive block

3. The yellow bricks can never be destroyed unless one of two things happens. (1. you get a zap square thing. that shows everything on the board 2. or your ball gets stuck in a repetitive motion and doesn't leave. then after a few times it will change.) 3.a. The laser gun will act like a ball (i.e. if you get a fire ball then the laser will be fire ball type.) , but against the yellow bricks you can't break em.

4. The answer to the last question is no. The only way to get extra lives is to get the upgrade brick that says +1 .

I hope this helps you. You will learn more as you play.

IP:

GrandPa
posted January 22, 2000 07:57 PM         
Thank you both for your answers.
Where in the first screen does it explain each paddle? All I see is a picture of each and its name. No explanations at all.

IP: