|
Author Topic:   Getting new lives
Su-Zee
posted December 02, 1999 11:07 PM            
I'm still fairly new to the game, and sometimes I 'need to get a life'. Is there any rhyme or reason to the power-ups or getting new lives, like accumulating points, or something?
DX Ball II is really a great game; I've never enjoyed an arcade game as much as this one. Good luck, everyone....

------------------

IP:

manniac
posted December 02, 1999 11:11 PM            
As far as I can tell, lives are just random.
But granting additional lives at certain score levels would be a great addition to the new version being worked on.

IP:

LDA Jim
Administrator
posted December 02, 1999 11:29 PM            
All the power-ups are random.

What score levels would be best for extra lives?

IP:

Su-Zee
posted December 03, 1999 12:00 AM            
Regarding 'new lives': My thoughts are, when someone is approximately 1/3 through the boards; I think there should be some sort of incentive given for those who take risks (use smaller paddles, smaller balls, super-accelerated balls,) as opposed to someone who plays it safe, so to speak.

IP:

Karel Vanackere
unregistered
posted December 03, 1999 06:21 AM           

[This message has been edited by Karel Vanackere (edited September 16, 2000).]

IP:

manniac
posted December 04, 1999 01:16 PM            
The current version has two playing levels; normal, and kid-mode. Maybe there could be a greater number of playing levels. At the easier levels, increase the frequency of extra life power-ups; at the hardest level, decrease, or eliminate the extra life power-up. That way it isn't dependant upon a certain score, just the relative ease of the way you want to play.

IP: