|
Author Topic:   Voices Entry in INI File...?
AndyG
unregistered
posted October 14, 1999 11:10 AM           
I'm confused as to how this works - some of my mods do have up to 24 voices. Can I change the config file with no bad effects on any of the songs with fewer voices? It seems odd that the *default* value isn't 24 if this is this case...? (Does changing it to 24 use more memory, or potentially slow the game down perhaps?)

Also, many of the mods I've downloaded don't seem to work (often pressing F5 twice I get silence, and have to press it twice again to get a track that works). They all have less than 24 voices, and are either MOD, XM or S3M files, so what's going on?

Thanks,
Andy
Andy

IP:

LDA Jim
Administrator
posted October 14, 1999 01:34 PM            
You should be able to change the config file without problem and it shouldn't slow things down. The settings just matched the mods that we used.

I'm not sure why some mods don't work.

IP:

AndyG
unregistered
posted October 15, 1999 05:54 AM           
Thanks, I did a bit more investigation and it turns out that all the S3M and XM files work fine, but roughly half of the MOD files don't work. WinAmp claims that they all have 24 voices or less.

No big deal now that I have removed the files that don't play (it was annoying to have to keep hitting F5). Just thought I'd let you know anyway.

Andy

IP: