VirtualNop_eR.bds only plays 4 as well and
there is 25 in his set.
I have purchased the first board set allowing
25 boards to be played.

IP:

LDA Seumas
unregistered
posted October 02, 1999 04:40 AM           
We'll have a new version of the game out soon that will allow you to play full size board sets after purchasing the Board Pack.

We're tied up with Tread Marks at the moment though, but we should be done soon.

------------------
-- Seumas McNally, Lead Programmer, Longbow Digital Arts

IP:

Jaime
unregistered
posted October 06, 1999 06:32 PM           
Well follow the link and you can find an interesting but probably not to legal way to get rid of the 4 board thing.
http://www.dxball.org/_disc2/00000059.htm

IP:

Sassy
unregistered
posted October 09, 1999 11:53 PM           
Here's a nice little hack for the game. :-)
http://dxball.virtualave.net

IP:

golfdude
unregistered
posted October 17, 1999 02:48 PM           
I cant get the hex editor to find the files to make the game cheat work. Ne ideas?

IP:

Tween
unregistered
posted October 23, 1999 12:51 PM           
Okay, I'm not condoning breaking past the security instilled within DXBall 2, nor am I claiming that I, nor any of my friends, have done such things. I love DXBall, and respect the hard work that the creators of the game made. If you want many more beautifully made levels, you should purchase the right to them instead of hacking Executable files.

But if you do hack executable files (And there's no way I can stop you...), make darn sure you copy the file "DXBall2.exe" to another directory, or another filename...

Go to www.nonags.com (A world renound Freeware Page) and search for FrHEd... This is a very small Hex Editor for Windows 95 and NT. It should do the trick with any Hex Editing you need to do...

IP:

manniac
posted November 18, 1999 09:52 PM            
LDA Seumas - Please define the word "soon", as used in your October 2 1999 04:40 AM post. I've purchased all available board packs, and am eagerly awaiting the new version.

IP:

Karel Vanackere
unregistered
posted November 19, 1999 05:29 AM           

[This message has been edited by Karel Vanackere (edited September 16, 2000).]

IP:

Karel Vanackere
unregistered
posted November 19, 1999 05:59 AM           

IP:

Leif Larsson
unregistered
posted November 19, 1999 05:23 PM           
It's a quarter past soon according to my (gold) watch!

/Leif Larsson

IP:

manniac
posted December 01, 1999 04:00 PM            
*knock, knock, knock*

Hello?

Does anyone who works here ever look here anymore?

*manniac shrugs, scuffs his shoe, and shuffles off to play 4 whole boards again*

IP:

LDA Jim
Administrator
posted December 01, 1999 05:45 PM            
Usually 3 to 4 times a day

IP:

manniac
posted December 01, 1999 10:50 PM            
Ahh, let me rephrase my question. Does anyone who works here answer questions that are posted here?

IP:

LDA Jim
Administrator
posted December 02, 1999 03:20 AM            
I thought all the DX-Ball 2 players were tired of hearing about "Tread Marks"...but here goes...

The four of us just went to full-time in June to help Seumas finish “Tread Marks” and as it should be finished by Monday we'll have a chance to look at DX-Ball 2 again....minus time off for playing games...

The four board problem is a definite fix...plus an editor...plus a MAC port..likely a CD release win & mac.

We could also set up the next version of DX-Ball 2 to auto post scores to a central server...it could list them all...if that’s what people wanted. [A spin off from Tread Marks development.]

Nows the time for suggestions.

IP:

manniac
posted December 02, 1999 05:44 PM            
Thanks for the response, Jim. An integrated editor and the ability to play more than 4 user created boards in a game would be perfect. Personally, I don't really care about posting scores, but I know many players do. Please keep us all informed via this forum as timeframes become more clear.

Thanks again for your time, and for a great game!

IP:

Karel Vanackere
unregistered
posted December 03, 1999 06:42 AM           

IP:

Javas
posted December 18, 1999 12:42 PM            
Thank you all for making is possible to play more than four levels. As a registered owner of all the boards I've bought I love to hear that boards made by outher players also can be played completely.

Greetings from Holland where they also love DX-Ball 2

------------------
Javas sends you greetings
Play along with DX-Ball

IP:

Karel Vanackere
unregistered
posted December 19, 1999 05:22 PM           

IP: