|
Author Topic:   Notebook user
Brian
unregistered
posted August 19, 1999 04:51 PM           
Hi,

I just found your game and downloaded the free version (24 board). It is very interesting but, I am primary a notebook use and have some coments:
a) The normal ball is almost impossible to see, it it is too small and dark on a notebook monitor (and this using the black background).
b) Try to use a stick mouse (like IBM and Toshiba (mine)) to move the pad. It is just too dificult. I can't imagine how it will be on a Compaq (the tablet).

Is there a way to make the ball brighter? Is there a way to use the keyboard instead of the mouse?

Regards,

Brian

IP:

LDA Seumas
unregistered
posted August 19, 1999 05:23 PM           
I've never owned a notebook, so I guess I never gave them much thought (but then Mike Welch does have a notebook, so I wonder why he didn't get on our case <grin> ).

I'll keep the possibility of keyboard control in mind, but with the different speeds the balls can travel, I wonder how you'd be able to get fine control and fast control at the same time, the way you can with a mouse. Any ideas?

For now the easiest thing to do would be to try playing the game on Kid Mode, which always gives you a large ball and large paddle, and friendlier (more fun, no skulls) power ups.

Don't let the name "Kid Mode" turn you off.

------------------
-- Seumas McNally, Lead Programmer, Longbow Digital Arts

IP:

Brian
unregistered
posted August 20, 1999 08:02 AM           
I tried the kids mode. The problem is that, sometimes the ball shrink and it gets almost impossible to see. Isn't it possible to make an all white ball? Or better, a way for the user to control the aperance of the ball like we can with the mouse? Today you have different backgrounds, why not have different balls and if we can control what is normal, small and bigger size, it will probably fix or make it looks better on notebook screens.

For the mouse, I know know. The only thing I can came with is a kind of accelerator. The longer you press the key, the faster the pad moves, and of course, control over this speed (mimics the bahavior of the control panel mouse applet where we can control, apperance, speed, ...).

Regards,

Brian

IP:

Dreamer
unregistered
posted August 27, 1999 01:11 PM           
I use a laptop (an IBM) and have no trouble playing DX Ball. Of course, I also use a mouse (not overly fond of the 'eraser head') plugged into the the back.

IP: