We've got an all-new game coming out which doesn't feature bricks, tanks or ancient Greeks! Golem is an all-new puzzle game coming out this Fall for Windows PCs which follows the adventures of a young girl and the mysterious golem. Watch the new trailer here and until we get a webpage up you can find all of the information on Steam or our various social media sites.
And don't worry Hegemony fans, we'll be posting news on the next expansion soon and, if you haven't tried it yet, don't forget to check out the new 3.3.5 beta that's out now on Steam.
The first major content expansion for Hegemony III is here. The Eagle King goes back to the roots of the series with an all-new historical campaign following the Greek King Pyrrhus of Epirus and his wars against Rome and Carthage. It also includes an expanded map with the island of Sicily, a new invasion sandbox, a dozen new factions, all-new naval units, war elephants, and more.
Along with the new DLC, we've also released the third major update for the base game that includes expanded naval combat, new tutorials, and a lengthy list of minor changes that you can read about here.
That's right! We're releasing a new build of Tread Marks, and that's not all, we're also celebrating Seumas' masterpiece by completely releasing all the source code! I'll cut right to the chase: you can get the Windows installer here and you can download the source from GitHub here.
The updates in this version are mostly aimed at getting it working on Mac and Linux, which is a side project I've been toying with every now and then for the last several years. It's very nearly there. It compiled on both platforms, but there's some bugs that need to be sorted out. So if you're interested, go ahead and download the source, take a look at the BUILD.txt file, and see if you can help.
Here's the changes:
* Now free and open source!
* Initial work on porting to Mac and Linux.
* Replaced Miles with OpenAL.
* Replaced most Win32 code with SFML and Qt.
* Resolution list now lists all valid resolutions, and defaults to desktop resolution.
* Settings now stored in .ini file instead of registry.
* Now checks for master server at tmmaster.longbowgames.com instead of an IP address, and checks automatically when server screen is opened.
* Added support for headless server builds.
As of today, all of the casual games we sell, from DX-Ball 2 through Vortiball, have received an updated. The changes are:
* Fullscreen mode has been updated to work better on modern hardware.
* Any games that used shareware-style registration no longer need a serial code. Now they just have separate demo and full versions.
* If you're connecting to a custom server, Rival Ball and Rival Ball Tournament now accept DNS names instead of just IP addresses.
* Rival Ball Tournament Expansion Pack no longer requires Rival Ball Tournament.
* Various bug fixes.
To update, just log into the Download Centre and grab the latest version. Enjoy!
We're excited to finally announce the details on the new DLC that's coming soon for Hegemony III. "The Eagle King" is based around the Italian campaigns of Pyrrhus of Epirus and his battles against Rome and Carthage. It includes an extensive new historical campaign, a new invasion sandbox, expanded game map, War Elephants, naval expansions and a lot more. Read all the details over on the new Steam page
Seumas was always an advocate of open source, so we've long talked about opening up some of his projects, and we've finally done it with his Particle Fire screensaver. Go ahead and download it here or grab the source on GitHub and build it yourself.
We've also been finding that Particle Fire has been misbehaving more and more often with newer versions of Windows, so this release fixes some long-standing bugs and improves the experience on newer versions of Windows, which means even if you already have a copy, you should still go ahead and download the latest version.
We're phasing out our physical shipments, which includes boxed copes of Hegemony Gold as well as the custom CDs we make for our older games, like DX-Ball 2, Rival Ball, Rival Ball Tournament, and Tread Marks.
If you're interested in getting one of these games on a disc, please place an order before August 1st.
This only applies to physical goods; digital copies will remain available.